28. September 2011 06:00
Who’s ready for the State Fair!? Celebrating its 152nd birthday, the Mississippi State Fair
is packing tons of fun for the entire family into a week and a half of non-stop entertainment, rides, food and pure Southern FUN from October 5-16, 2011.
Here aresome highlights you DON’T want to miss this year!
- 2011 Budweiser Pavilion Entertainment on the Midway features performances by Steel Magnolia, Boyz II Men, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Band Perry and much more!
- Men from all over the State of Mississippi will have the opportunity to sport their whiskers! The Beard Growing Contest at the 2011 Mississippi State Fair is Saturday, October 15 at 5:00 p.m. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Longest Beard, Best Groomed, Most Unique Beard, and Best Beard with a Costume.
- The FFA Children’s Barnyard is open daily from 10am to 10pm!
- See the State Fair Talent Contest, Antique car show, vendors, exhibits, and many other products and demonstrations daily until 10 p.m.!
- The Mississippi Trade Mart is open daily. See antique and classic cars all polished to perfection – FOR FREE!
- 3 Doors Down, Theory of a Deadman and Pop Evil in the Mississippi Coliseum! Saturday, October 15th at 7:30pm. Find admission prices here. Fair Admission will be free with purchase of an advance concert ticket.
- Check out Wood B Creations! Wood B Creations is Burt Fleming's one-man-show chainsaw carving company. He's been peddling his unique sculptures and entertaining crowds with his creative process for years.