The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
Built in 1859 by William Turner, architect of the University’s Lyceum, Cedar Oaks is a Greek revival structure that has survived a tumultuous past. Molly Turner Orr gathered a fire brigade to save the home in 1864, set aflame by occupying Union troops. Nearly a century later Cedar Oaks was moved 2.2 miles from it’s original location to survive business development. Presently, the home is maintained by the Oxford-Lafayette Historic Homes, Inc., and is available by reservation for civic clubs, teas, receptions, weddings, and tours.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI