The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
c. 1860-61. National Historic Landmark. The largest octagonal house in North America. Oriental-inspired architecture. Remains unfinished because construction was halted at the onset of the Civil War.
Tours are one and half to two hours through one of the most Historic Districts in the city where you will learn about the history of approximately 35 homes and establishments during your walk.
c. 1858. The last great mansion to be completed in Natchez prior to the War between the States. Features a Henderson family museum collection of pilgrimage costumes and a doll collection.
A gracious and elegant weekend getaway in a town called Magnolia, in a state known for its legendary hospitality. Breakfast. 10 rooms.
One of the few remaining antebellum houses in Jackson and a rare example of Gothic Revival architecture, this house is an architectural and historical treasure.
c. 1830. Hailed as the last Vick family home in Vicksburg. Built for the unmarried daughter of Vicksburg's founder, Newitt Vick. Carefully restored and furnished.
Evers was the first field secretary for the NAACP in Jackson at the time of his death, June 12, 1963. The small house and site of his assassination, and the neighborhood of similar houses that surround it, make palpable the very simple longings for freedom and opportunity that drove the Civil Rights Movement. As a museum and house in a historic district, the renovated structure informs those who visit of the many sacrifices that took place in Jackson and in Mississippi, and presents a modern link in the succession of Mississippi landmarks that communicate the history of the state.
c. 1841-45. National Historic Landmark. This centerpiece of the Natchez National Historical Park was one of the original pilgrimage homes in 1932. Features original appointments and dependencies.
One of the first settlers in Meridian, Richard McLemore, owned 700 acres where Merrehope now stands. In 1858, he deeded 160 acres to his daughter Juriah as a wedding gift. She and her husband, W. H. Jackson, built a Greek Revival cottage in 1858 known as Merrehope.
In the spirit of southern hospitality, Moonlight and Magnolias has opened its doors to out of town guests, as a comfortable place to come home to after enjoying the festivities in Oxford and at Ole Miss. Moonlight and Magnolias is located in a quiet cul-de-sac in the TARA subdivision, off College Hill Road, on 1.5 acres of wooded privacy. The Grove, where many of the pre-football parties are held, is just 2.75 miles away.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI