The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
From primitive camping to full-service RV accommodations to cozy cabins, Mississippi's State Parks are fantastic places to stay. For complete information, click here.
The present-day Henry Smith estate rests on the land that was once the Farr Plantation. On August 18th, 1869, brothers Billy and Joshua Stockstill paid $1,200 dollars for the land. They separated it into two sections. Joshua chose the north half of the property, on which the Smith house is now situated. His daughter, Cordelia, married Henry Smith on December 25, 1888. Around 1905, she and Henry bought all of the acreage from the Stockstill heirs. They lived in the log cabin on the land, which was constructed c. 1874.
The Henry Smith House is not just a Bed and Breakfast. We have opened our home up to various occasions, which include baby and bridal showers, engagement parties and special dinners. We are open and welcome to try and accommodate any new experiences. Member of Bed & Breakfast Association of Mississippi.
c. 1798. N. Canal St. Andrew Ellicott, in defiance of Spain, raised the American flag on this hill in 1797. Overlooking the terminus of the Natchez Trace, it is a historic restoration project of the Natchez Garden Club. National Historic Landmark.
c. 1850. Beautiful antebellum home, furnished with antiques and featuring an unusual staircase. Weddings, receptions, special occasions.
c. 1826. The Gov. McNutt house is the second oldest structure in the Historic Downtown District and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in addition to designations as Mississippi and Warren County historic landmarks.
This Circa 1850 home is filled with antiques and stories of the past. Visit Old South grandeur and the gracious living of a bygone era. Located in the Historic Depot District of Bay Saint Louis. Guests will enjoy our gourmet breakfast. Seven guestrooms available for reservation.
Built in 1857, the Verandah House is one of Corinth's 16 National Historic Landmarks, as well as a Mississippi Landmark. The house served as headquarters for Confederate & Union Generals during the Civil War.
Once the home of Mrs. Ulysess S. Grant while her husband occupied Holly Springs in 1862, during the Civil War. Contains a combination of Gothic and Classic Greek Revival Styles. Tours available.
c. 1852. Built by Colonel George H. Young, of Georgia, Waverley Plantation Mansion is one of America's most unique architectural structures. Four circular staircases connect unsupported balconies and a 65-ft. domed foyer. Original ornamental plaster and marble mantels. Once the site of a 2,000 acre cotton plantation.
The Wesson House, built in 1875 by Olive Branch's first Mayor Ben Wesson, is located on the southwest corner of the Pigeon Roost Avenue /Goodman Road intersection and is one of only three dedicated Mississippi Landmarks in DeSoto County. Wesson House presently is not open to the general public on a regular basis, except in December during their Christmas Open House.
1873. Classic Victorian Revival cottage which is now the home of the Greater Greenville Development Foundation Main Street Greenville
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI