The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
From primitive camping to full-service RV accommodations to cozy cabins, Mississippi's State Parks are fantastic places to stay. For complete information, click here.
It was here, on August 24, 1955, that Emmett Till whistled at the white woman who co-owned the store with her husband, violating the racial mores of the time. The event precipitated the murder of Till by the woman's husband and brother-in-law. The murder of Emmett Till is often considered the catalyst for the Civil Rights movement. The dilapidated storefront is all that remains.
This historic church contains the original Tiffany windows.
c. 1780. The only remaining example of a frontier "stand" or inn. Has been restored to its original appearance.
c. 1889. The center includes a fully restored historic 1889 Grand Opera House theater. Throughout the year musical performances and theater presentations offer world-class entertainment. This famous structure seats approximately 950, offers a 200-seat studio theater, and consists of 30,000 square feet of meeting space, including a large exhibit hall, break out rooms and board rooms, all equipped with teleconferencing capabilities and built-in technical features to create the optimal meeting environment. Be sure to visit the MSU Riley Center website to see a list of year round performances and top name entertainment.
Scenic park with gazebo and picnic area overlooking the majestic Mississippi River. Historical markers.
Historic hotel with 132 guest rooms and meeting facilities and weddings.
Natchez Pilgrimage Tours (NPT) is the only full service receptive tour operator in Natchez . They assist individuals as well as large and small groups in planning a Natchez visit, including house tours, interactive historical presentations, Bed and Breakfast lodging, hotels, meals, tour guides, evening entertainment, concerts, festivals and more.
Seasonally, NPT serves as headquarters for the Natchez Spring Pilgrimage and Fall Pilgrimage, showcasing thirty-eight houses from the late Colonial to the Antebellum period.
A strip of juke joints that flourished from the 40's to the 70's and saw performances by the likes of Little Milton, Eddie Cusic, Charley Booker, Willie Love, T-Model Ford, Little Bill Wallace, and others.
The congregation was established in 1887. The intricately-carved pulpit furniture dates to 1903, and the acoustics in the original beadboard-covered sanctuary enhance the gospel music of Sunday services.
Restored depot is a Mississippi Landmark and is listed on the National Register. The depot was burned by General Grierson in 1863; current depot built in 1905.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI