The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
From primitive camping to full-service RV accommodations to cozy cabins, Mississippi's State Parks are fantastic places to stay. For complete information, click here.
Tours of the Biloxi area in an air conditioned 19 passenger bus.
A museum depicting the 120-year history of the Biloxi Fire Department from its organization on September 19, 1883, through its years as a completely volunteer group, to a full-paid fire department.
Biloxi's signature landmark is open for public tours! Considered one of the most photographed sites on the Gulf Coast, the tour of the historic 65-foot tall structure is not for the faint of heart. Please be advised the climb is strenuous and if you have difficulty climbing or descending stairs unassisted, you should not attempt the tour. Those making the climb should be at least 42 inches tall. The tour involves climbing 57 steps of a spiral staircase inside the lighthouse, and climbing an eight-rung ladder topped by a 19x23-inch trap door into the light room. Along the way, visitors view the waterlines from hurricanes dating back more than a hundred years as they ascend its spiral staircase. Constructed in 1848, The Biloxi Lighthouse was one of the first cast-iron structures erected in the South, and believed to be the only lighthouse situated in the middle of a major highway. The structure stands 65-feet tall, from its base to the tip of the weather vane atop the lighthouse, and it is 14 feet, 10 inches wide at its base. Tour times: Mon thru Sat @ 9a.m., 9:15a.m. & 9:30a.m. (weather permitting) Admission charged. Group discounts available, but reservations required.
The Blackhawk-Hills Community Association structure was built in 1966 as a co-op for local farmers. It played a significant role, however, in the civil rights movement as it came to be used for secret civil rights meetings.
c. 1856. Historic inn is a National Landmark and a Mississippi State Historical Site. Features furnishings and items from the 1830-1920 periods. Inn is located on the old Montgomery to Jackson road, and once provided shelter to weary travelers.
Launched on July 14, 1862 from the Navy Yard in Yazoo City, the ironclad ram "Arkansas" helped to end the first exclusively naval siege of Vicksburg. View the historical marker and read more about the "Arkansas."
Museum honors the soldiers that trained for action in World War II at Camp Van Dorn near Centreville from 1942-1945. This unique museum honors the more than 40,000 troops that trained in this very primitive camp.
Built in 1876, this stucco and brick structure stands at the center of the enchanting square in the center of town. It was the site of the Carrollton Courthouse Riot of 1886, on which the fictional “Blood for Molasses” was based.
Built in 1876, this stucco and brick structure stands at the center of the enchanting square in the center of town. It was the site of the Carrollton Courthouse riot of 1886, on which the fictional "Blood for Molasses" was based.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI